Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Tango

Written January 30th, 2015 
by yours truly

The music starts, I must begin
His offered hand I take
Three steps forward, and I fill
His side, his arm, his breast

My chin uplifted, my eyes upturned
His hand they take my own
I breathe as deeply we descend
And off as one we go

A mere touch is all I need
His hand will let me know
I wait for him to tell me when
His silence is my lair

The music cues, he commands
The lightest then I spring
I step across, my feet descend
And thus my job begins
I whip my head from side to side
As my feet from places change
My heart is beating fast again
As I his rib became

He holds me steady, as he turns
My head much farther falls
We spin together as our legs
Hold constant, solid, firm

We fly across the wooden floor
Our hearts together beat
The music stops, he turns me out
My arms the crowd to meet
He offers up to me his arm
My hand slips firmly in
He smiles down upon his star
I can't help but grin

So arm in arm, we leave the floor
And arm in arm, we go
The dance is done, and so are we
This is how business goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment