Monday, June 18, 2012

Catching Up

Sorry, blog, I've been neglecting you. Stuff I've neglected to actually post about:

1) SAT & ACT are done. I should be receiving my scores soon.

2) I started Drivers Ed this past Monday. It's rather boring, but that's because I already know most of what the textbook and the instructors are going over. Right now I have one of the highest grades in the class. On the first instructed drive, we are suppose to learn the basics of the car and only drive in a safe and slow neighborhood. My instructor quickly saw that I knew what I was doing and stuck me on main roads, then onto a secondary highway. Scary, but I didn't hit anyone. My second drive went well, except for him hitting his brakes three times joking when I was doing a backing maneuver. It rattled me. I didn't know how much until I let go of the steering wheel and found I had been gripping it very tightly.

3) Pastor Grobien's youth bible class for the past two Sundays have been on romance and he has answered a lot of my questions (posted previously on May 29, "True Love, huh?"). I would go on in more detail, but I am too lazy at this point in time and feel that it should be given a blog post of its own. I will (hopefully) be writing it soon...

4) I heard from Augustine College saying that as soon as my phone interview set up and finished, I will be officially accepted by them. *sigh of relief* I have been worry despite my sisters telling me that I'd get in. I'm currently working on trying to contact a figure skating coach for lessons. I still need to find a rink as well.
I've packed all my winter stuff, blankets, bedding, pillows, and odds & ends that I don't need over the summer into suitcases. Everything I won't be using over the summer or won't be taking with me is boxed up. Right now I'm sorting and filing grades, papers, certificates, awards (etc) into folders so that my high school is well preserved. So. Much. Fun.

5) Alena came over to my house for our last sleepover before she moves. I've been trying to be strong for them, to be strong for the girls. I know they all don't want to move, I know they'll miss me, but I've been trying to encourage them and ignore how much it hurts to see them go. I thought I was doing a good job of keeping my feelings until lately. I didn't know how much I was loved or how much I loved them until we had to face this parting. For example, I thought that Amelia wouldn't miss me very much. She was one the only Grobien who hadn't talked much to me, played with me or, as I had thought, liked me very much. This Sunday, she walks up to me and sits beside. I asked her if she wanted to move, and she said no. I told her that I would try and visit her as much as I could. Her face light up and she bursts out "You should come and visit us every month! No...you should come and visit EVERY WEEK!". I almost started crying. Cillian even gave me a hug. :)
This first year without them will be the hardest (for both the Grobien girls and myself), mainly because I will be in Canada and cannot visit often. I can only promise that I will be back for Christmas break. Thanksgiving break/Spring break doesn't look like a trip to the U.S. will be happening. I guess all I can do it pray, call, and email.

6) ZIPPY IS DUE IN SIX WEEKS. SO. VERY. VERY. VERY. VERY. EXCITED!!!!! :)



7) And my 16th birthday is in 10 days, 10 hours, and 36 minutes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment