Thursday, August 16, 2012

Life. Is. Crazy. Time. Goes. Too. Fast.

It's hard to believe there are less than 30 days until I leave. I guess life has been so busy, it has traveled passed faster than I thought it would.

The reenactment this weekend was great. I loved ever moment! It was stepping from nowadays into colonial times. We were not allowed to visibly show anything that wasn't period and created "period" names for things like cars, hand sanitizer, cell phones, cameras, etc. Every day held two dancing demonstrations. In between them, we would wander, play chess or cards, munch on food, talked, and danced more. Every time the musicians played, we dance even if it didn't exactly fit with the music. Saturday evening after it had closed to public, there was a period dinner and dance. My dance instructor (Mrs. Noel Bash), a friend (Becca Dubs), and I called/taught the dancing. It was incredibly fun. The director and head of filming and move production at Western University was very impressed with Becca Dubs (my friend) and I's skills, so we were interviewed and invited to come and learn from the dancers at Western, which has one of the best dance programs in Michigan.

The best of everything was the whole feel of the group. Elle who did the dancing with me, but wasn't part of the dance group, commented on how just family-like the group was. There was no awkwardness in dancing; we just danced. It's a wonderful feeling. I can't explain how enjoyable it is. We could do all the waltz-type dancing and do proper gypsies (an slightly awkward move in which you face your partner/corner, step forward, stare into their eyes, and without removing eye contact, you changes places) without any awkwardness and in all fake seriousness. I find this freeing because I don't have to worry about making someone else feel awkward and I can simply enjoy dancing. It's hard to put into words why I've enjoyed dancing with my dance group, but I think it boils down to the fact that the reason we are together is because we are all dancers, we all love to dance, and we are together to dance. We're no longer the "weirdos" because we love dancing. We're just all weird.

Another thing I loved was that about half the group was boys, so I didn't have to constantly play the part of the guy. They weren't afraid to ask the girls; they would just jump to ask a girl because they wanted to dance, so no awkward standing around wondering who's going to dance with who. I can't explain who wonderful this is for me as a girl. At most other dances, especially after people find out I'm a caller, I am not asked by guys. I usually end up playing the part of a guy.

Since it was the last event my dance group was to do together, and we had all spent the last year dancing together, it was sad to say goodbye. Some of the boys made themselves cry to get us (Mrs. Bash and I) to cry (bad guys) and actually had tears streaming down their cheeks. I was between laughing and crying. Laughing because it reminded me of Nick, Andrew, and Oscar, and crying because I'd miss everyone. Mrs. Bash wants me to try to make the first dance class this fall even though I'm technically not a student. :)


Fair started this week and I am busily living between home and fair. I didn't win my showmanship class this year, but surprisingly I didn't really care. The judge was right in the way she placed and the two people who won over me (I got third) deserved what they were given. I've won over them for the past seven years, and it is good for someone besides me to win. In fact, I couldn't have been more proud My only desire now is to go to sweepstakes at least once. Sweepstakes is the competition between winning senior showman of each large animal livestock barn in which you have to show llamas, sheep, swine, goats, horses, beef, and dairy. I'll be a senior showman (oh scary thought) next year, and can compete for another four years I believe. The class goat show was tonight and all of the goats did very well. I was happy with the results. I wasn't expecting any of them to place, but they all did.


The hardest part of this week is watching Elle pack everything for Tennessee. I'll miss her so much. We've grown a lot closer over the past year, much more connected with each other than we've ever been. I'll miss all the car rides to class, discussing serious topic over the popular Christian rock music. Boy, I loved those drives.


It seems like everything is changing all at once. Canada isn't so far away, and day by day it inches closer and closer. Over the past month, I've been dreading the parting I have to have. I met with Pastor and somehow just hearing the Gospel, hearing forgiveness, encouragement, correction, guidance, soothes and calls all the fears of my mind and soul. The Lord will strengthen when the time comes to leave. Every day, I marvel more and more about the Lord's wondrous forgiveness to us sinners. He not only has named, washed, clothed, fed, and watered us, but He has declared us to be His bride, and continues to strength our faith. To Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment