I can say, in all truthfulness, 2012 has been the most transitional year of my life.
My year in a nutshell:
-excitement about the coming nephew
-The Taming of the Shrew
-Second semester of college
-birthing, milking, and feeding the goats on my own for the first time
-Peter Pan
-apply to Augustine College
-Pastor Grobien recieves a job at Fort Wayne Seminary.
-My grandpa's surgery
-Close friend of the family gets married
-acceptance at Augustine College
-Zippo born
-Little brother Matt goes to S.A.R. and comes back a changed lad
-Grobiens move
-Redeemer Conference
-Colonial Reenactment
-Only child from my family involved in our local county fair.
-August 19: last day my whole family is together until Christmas
-Goodbye to Elle in Tennessee
-Goodbyes to everyone
-I leave everything familiar and you know the rest
It's been a tough year. Change has followed change, and still, I am changing. I came into 2012 being completely sure of myself, my career, my college plans, my dreams, my hopes, my friends, my family, and my faith. Now I find myself unsure of myself, career, college, dreams, hope, friends, family, but my faith has remained. Despite those days of doubts, those tearful breakdowns of unbelief, those terrified moments of emptiness, I know that my Redeemer lives and He, and He alone, who has redeemed me a lost and condemned person, purchased and won me from all sins, from death, and from the power of the devil. Through my doubt, He still feeds me. Overwhelmed by my brokenness, I am brought to my knees and gaze up at the bloody corpse on the cross and cry "Lord I believe! Help thou my unbelief!".
May the Lord bless this coming year and may we continue to strive after the truth and see Christ in those around us.
*sniff*
ReplyDeleteAnd now you're back!
:)