A couple more hours tonight and I had the Advent wreath done, the mantle decorated. Luke and I hung the lights on the tree. Elle made wreaths and hung them all over the house. But again, I was rather surprised that Dad hadn't helped and Mom wasn't there saying "Oh just one more sting or two...". They were relaxing after a short meeting in the "Chamber of Commerce" (aka their room or the place of Christmas secrets).
Christmas/Advent is one of my favorite holidays, mainly for the reason that it is full of traditions. As a little girl and much more now, I have striven to keep the family traditions alive. I don't know why traditions are a big part of me, but they always have and always will be.
Before I completely forget (which would be impossible [correction: highly unlikely] because of my happiness related to this piece of new), I got an organ today. :) Some dear friends of mine were giving it away and asked if I would like it. Of course, it's not every day that someone is offered a free organ so I jumped on the opportunity. It will probably be a couple years before I start organ lessons, if I ever do, but it will be worth the wait (hopefully).
Beautiful organ!
ReplyDelete:)
You can borrow my old organ book, now that I'm using the actual liturgy book and hymnal. Next thing I suggest getting: Real organ shoes. I've discovered they are mucho more better: They are more comfortable, they slide better across the pedals, and they play SILENTLY on the pedalboard. My old shoes went clickety-clack like reindeer on the roof, or the little blue engine that could. :P :)