It's only one day away. The year has flown and so much has happened; A Midsummer Night's Dream, 5pines, the wedding, HT, Redeemer conference, college, and now the baby. But all of these mentioned where only the highlights or the main events attached to one or a few days, and do not tell of the thousands of little things that happened which occupied my year and will be treasured forever in my heart. I'm another year older and (hopefully) another year wiser. I've made mistakes, far too many to recount, but somehow God's slowing molding me into the young woman He wants me to be.
2012 I am looking forward to with many hopes and goals. I'm not dreading it because there is no point to dreading the unalterable. It will be one more school year done, more college credit completed, more work to be had, and relationships to deepen and strength. It will be a niece/nephew to look forward to, Sarah and Nat moving closer, Elle and I growing closer, Matt getting older, stronger and smarter (and still my best twin in the world), and Luke will soon be surpassing me in height and knowledge (well, maybe not that soon).
As far as myself is concerned, I have lots of goals planned to 2012. I'll need to be reminding myself to work on them, but also that they're suppose to last the whole year and not just to the end of January or end of school.
Goals:
-Drink 8 cups of water a day. 8 cups of water a day is the minimal amount of liquid your body should intake a day. Well, you can see how badly my body is dehydrated when I tell you that I normally only take in two of those 8 cups. 8 times 7 (there's 7 days in a week) and you get 56. 2 times 7=14. So every week I have had 42 less cups of water than I should have had. Add that up over the past year and you get my body in sore need of major hydration. The problem is I do not am thirsty very often thus making the act of drinking a conscious choice and decision.
-Run two miles in 15 minutes OR run one mile in 5:30. Training, training, training.
-Be able to do the splits. Stretching in every morning sounds like a plan.
-Do 40 pushups OR one pullup. I've never been able to do either.
-Be in Figure Skating Freestyle 4 by the end of 2012
-Finish Les Miserables and the Space Trilogy
-Smile once a day. Laugh once a day.
-Learn to knit.
Hmm...I'll think of more (hopefully before 2011 is done)...any suggestions
You need to smile and laugh way more then once a day. Does the fact that you're making that goal mean you HAVEN'T been smiling once a day? BAD GIRL! or squirrel.
ReplyDelete