Sunday, May 6, 2012

At Long Last, A Cat

So Dad let me keep one kitten. It's a little black fellow. He's already attached to me and follows my orange ducks (my summer barn shoes) all around. He misses all his siblings so he's been getting out of his pen and sleeping with the goats. Fenella thinks he's very interesting and isn't quite sure what she thinks of him.

I still need to name him. Dad and Mom want "Lucky" because he's lucky that they let him stay. Elle is going with "Wilbur" after Wilbur in Charlotte's Web because I saved him having to be put down (on the account that's he's feral). Nat, Matthew, and Luke want "Ironclaw" but he's too cute for it. Sarah and I think he should be "Methuselah". Right now, I've been calling him either "Wilbur" (which just doesn't fit him) or "Toothless" because he looks like Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon.

He makes me feel both young and old at the same time. I'm still a child with silly dreams, but a grown up with college and responsibilities.

2 comments: