I went to see the Avengers yesterday with Stuckwisches, Maggie, Nat, Sarah, & siblings. I had been looking forward to seeing it all week and was clearing my mind to not be a pessimist or a drooler over the movie. So I am happy to say, I walk into the theatre with a clear and opened mind.
It was very good that I did so. If I had been expecting an amazing plot-line with lots of details, I would have been vastly disappointed. As it was, I went to enjoy a movie and to watch superheros (or antivillians as I call some of them) do awesome moves while smashing alien creatures/machines into buildings so it wasn't disappointing. There were several great lines, but other than that most of the dialogue wasn't extremely interesting.
I enjoyed Iron Man (or rather, his electronics), rather disappointed in the Hulk, loved Captain America (who doesn't?), Thor was...just as I suspected. Thor is rather comical for me because (as a friend pointed out) he looks like a Rohirm and acts like guy who is only cool because of this hammer he carries around. :) Anyhow, I did enjoy Thor too. Hawk-eye was awesome. I really want his bow.
I was really surprised with how much I enjoyed and liked Black Window. I was drawn to her in the scene when she faces off Loki to draw him out. She put herself and her emotions on the line, and has the strength to pull herself in and act like it was nothing. I guess what I love about her most is she is strong, but womanly.
My love of Captain America only increased with this movie. He is still smart, handsome (Did you just choke?), and actually cares about others. He's the one with good old fashioned morals and has the best lines in the movie.
All in all, I enjoyed it greatly.
No comments:
Post a Comment