Friday, November 11, 2011

The Ice is the Wind, my Skates are my Wings

Lesson went well. I love my coach. She's great. Always finding something for me to improve upon, but complementing and meaning it. My class had the test a week early, because half of us weren't going to be there the last week and I was the only one who passed. I know my coach was proud of me and she was the best coach I have ever had.

One big disappointment: I probably won't be able to take lessons 'til February. Lessons break for December, but they changed the lessons in January to Wednesdays and Saturdays. I asked my coach, Ann, what to do about it. She suggests private lessons, but those can be SO expensive. I'm trying to keep my sport cost down to a minimal. My parents, God bless them, want me to succeed and enjoy the sport, but I really don't want my sport to send them into bankruptcy.

Cheaper in quality isn't better, but cheaper when it comes to money is. After searching for three months, I found a skating place with the cheapest lessons, but good quality. Skates (NEVER CHEAP. JUST SAYING. It's really insane and annoying how expensive a sport can be) we got through the skating club. They weren't cheap, but they're amazingly supportive, especially for spins and jumps. They will last me for the next eight levels, so I'm good. They have really improved my skating and I just love them.

I made up my mind that I don't think I could ever wear the skating "mini" skirt/dress with tights (in addition, practice ones alone are freaking expensive). I settled for some exercising pants, warm black leggings, and a sweater. Simple, cheap and it works.

I have finally found friends at skating. It's amazing that some of the advanced skaters have excepted me. Most of them still ignore me as if I were an alien, but a few have talked to me and befriended me. I have two friends from my own level both younger than me.


Figure Skating is wonderful. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. You mentioned you needed a sport besides running... :)

    ReplyDelete