Friday, November 4, 2011

Psychology Class...and why I think too much

Psychology class, as it normally is, was thought provoking and fascinating. While talking over it in class and musing over it after class, I have come to the following thoughts:

Machine will never take over man or be 'smarter' than man. Whatever the machine has, man has given it. Each time something is added or given to a machine, it had to have been thought of, created, made up by a person. In addition there are things man has that machine can not and never will have. Emotions, feelings, free will, the conscious mind. Every machine is like every other machine. Each thought, each action, each breathe is unique to that individual person. Machine will never be more complex than man, for man has given it it's complexity.

For intelligence is something given to a creature, not something obtain by itself. We are created by God, made in his likeness. We will never understand God anymore than a machine will understand a man. To try and understand and make God follow the rules of he has created, is to say "I am the Maker, I am the Creator and God is my creation". What we have been given (life, free will, thought, emotion) has all been given by God. There is no way we will completely understand the complexity of our Creator and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment