Saturday, November 12, 2011

Old and Treasured Memories

Digging through my old box of junk. I don't know I bothered to keep all my old sketches, journals, and writing. Reading through my diary was a nightmare, but that's another story. I came across my old poems, some scribbled, some typed. They aren't anything amazing, my works never are, but here are some of them:

Fenella's Lullaby. I use to sing this to my dog every time I put her to bed. I must have been ten at the time.

Time to go to bed,
Time to rest your head,
Time to go to sleep,
Time to herd the goats,
the sheep,
Of Dreamland.

Where dogs and puppies play,
And they never go away,
Fields and meadows you roam,
Anywhere you can call home.

Time to go to bed,
Time to rest your head,
Time to go sleep,
Time to herd the goats,
the sheep,
Of Dreamland



The Prairie

The prairie is a lonely place
‘Specially for the human race
It’s flat and dry and full of grass
It leaves no trace of those who pass
Wind gently blows the brown, old weeds
As it blows, out comes tiny seeds



The pathway to the Forest

A pathway goes down to the forest green
The prettiest sight ever to be seen
Where the dogwood blossom and can flourish
Where a mother deer can her fawn, nourish

Where a robin can fly from tree to tree
His only thought is on what he can see
He has no fear of hunter or ranger
For this lovely forest knows no stranger



Twiddle-de and Twiddle-Dum (probably my favorite of all my own works.)

On the corner sat two bums
Twiddle-de and Twiddle-dum

No good at chores in the house
They just sat there like two louse

All that Twiddle-de could do
Was sit and watch me or you

But what about Twiddle-dum?
He’d just sit and suck his thumb

They just sit and time goes by
Growing older and will die

Use this as a lesson learned
Work is good and time not earned



Conversation Between Boredom and Fallen Man (I really am not sure why I wrote this or what I was even trying to say...)

"Oh, Boredom, where does thou,
a little thing come from?

Where, boredom is thou thy dwelling?
Where does thou laid your head?

In the whisperings of the wind
or the thunder of the roaring sea?

Perhaps in the wooded forest,
or a place of ancient quietness?

In the darkness of a mountain?
In the depths of an ocean?

Where, boredom, does thou come from?
Answer me." says the man


And boredom answered and said
"Why, oh man, do thou look for me?

For out of idleness, uselessness and sloth
Boredom comes

It lives not in the wind, nor the sea,
nor in the forest and not in the mountains or ocean

The sinful corners of men's hearts
are my inhabitantion

And the fallen minds of sinners
my dwelling place"


Man replies "Alas, it is so.
For God desires us to be happy,

useful to our neighbors.
He loathes idleness,

hates sloth, for it does
no good to our neighbor.

Man should come to learn
to be happy and useful."

(....this poem was not complete so I had to add a few words here and there to make complete sense of it...)



A Room without Happiness

A light peeps though my window
And shines onto the floor

My mind turns to the future
And sees an empty room

In my mind, I see a void
A living place, forlorn

The curtains flimsy and sad
Wave gently in the wind

The walls are empty and bare
Except for picture frames

Old school books lay on the shelf
Dust decorates the tops

My bears and my animals
Sit deserted alone

In the closet hang old clothes
Three faded small dresses

My mind looks upon this gloom
And thinks of gloomy things

My mind now looking again
Sees a different scene

The curtains hang fresh and crisp
Ribbons hold the sides back

The walls are filled with posters
Pictures, knick-knacks and crafts

The bookcase is full of books
And each one gently placed

The bears and toys look happy
Their eyes shine in the light


Dresses, skirts, and warm sweaters
Hang in the closest near

My mind compares these two rooms
And picks the latter one

It turns to itself and says
“Happy will be this place”

Then my mind turns to the now
Never back to wander



Yup, so nothing super exciting. Just my horrid poetry. It's another hobby I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment