The trip went well. I saw my uncle. He's in bad shape, but I'll keep praying.
The trip was a surprise to me. I thought that the things would be the same as the always were. But they weren't...and they were. The same things happen that always do (visiting relatives, eating meals with Grandma, playing games, etc.) but somehow I saw the meanings behind them. I glimpsed for a minute why my family did these things. Who they actually were. What my mom was. It was weird. I felt like I was ancient in years, but as young as a child. Wise, but stupid. Intelligent, but foolish. Through the visit, I began to understand my mom and my grandmother more than I have ever done before. I began to understand who my mom was and why she acted in the ways she did. I now understand why she raised us and why she raises up the way she does. Sometimes I don't agree with it, but I respect and love her now more than I ever have before.
No comments:
Post a Comment